Monday, October 19, 2015

Alternative liquids - October Soap Challenge

Nopal, Goat's Milk yogurt & Cayenne Pepper.

This month's soap challenge is called "Alternative liquids". For that I chose the "Nopal Cactus", "Goat Milk yogurt" and a hint of "Cayenne Pepper".

I love everything about goats, the milk, the cheese, the yogurt ... everything!!  I find goats are such  beautiful creatures, for me they are like children, always playing, jumping, such happy creatures, and the best of all, they give us the benefits of their milk.
I make my own goat milk yogurt and it is what I'm using for the soap, I have a huge nopal plant in my garden and as well I'm using that as one of the alternative liquids, the cayenne pepper is used a lot in our kitchen so I will borrow a little bit for my soap.

For my oils I'm using; Coconut Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Castor oil and Lard. I love the soaps with lard, this makes such a rich soap, creamy and with a beautiful sensation.  For my essential oil, very simple...just lemongrass.

I decided to use these 3 ingredients for my alternative liquids as I want to make a very rich soap, not just with all the benefits from the yogurt and the nopal, but as well with a little bit of the heat from the cayenne pepper. I don't want to use too much of this last one as I want to try it first, and see how hot it is for the body in the quantity I am using it.  As soon as I use the soap I will let you know how it goes!

Here is some of the benefits of my alternative liquids:

Goat's milk yogurt: 
Perhaps the most interesting aspect of goats milk is its hypo-allergenic properties. Goat's milk is packed full of essential nutrients and vitamins like vitamin D, C, B1, B6, B12, and E, that feed the skin and are absorbed into the body.
Goat's milk soap delays signs of skin again due to its high content of alpha-hydroxy acids such as lactic acid. Alpha-hydroxy acids break down dead skin cell bonds, removing dead skin cells from the skin's surface and leaving behind new cells on the surface that appear smoother and more youthful.
Goat's milk reduces skin inflammation due to its fat molecule content. The cream present in goat's milk is a moisturizer, soothing dry and damaged skin, possessing an anti-inflammatory effect. Studies now show that goat's milk is effective for treating acne and skin conditions. This is primarily because goat's milk has anti-bacterial properties that delay the growth of microbial organisms that spur the spread of acne.

Nopal (cactus):
The Nopal, also known as "Nopal cactus", is one of the species Opuntia ficus-indica. It is a popular vegetable in Mexican dishes due to its low calories and succulent, green leaves. This cactus  has two edible portions; the pad or nopal ( green vegetative part) and the tuna, which is the fruit ( prickly pear) . One study has shown that phytosterols from the Nopal contain anti ulcer and anti-inflammatory properties which combat edema. The Nopales are rich in antioxidants known as betalins.These anti-oxidants hinder premature aging, encourage healthy cells and assist in detoxification. The Nopales are endowed with a variety of minerals and vitamins such as vitamin A, C, K, B6, riboflavin among a host of other minerals such as calcium.


Cayenne Pepper (capsicum):
Cayenne is a known circulatory stimulant. It also increases the pulse of our lymphatic and digestive rhythms. By heating the body, the natural process of detoxification is streamlined. Cayenne also causes us to sweat, another important process of detoxification.  Cayenne has an anti-bacterial properties, is an excellent preservative and has been used traditionally to prevent food contamination from bacteria. Cayenne is also a great metabolic-booster, aiding the body in burning excess amounts of fats, also has "Anti-Redness" properties. Is an anti- allergen and may even help relieve allergies. It is a great herb for many chronic and degenerative conditions.

To learn more about it:
 http://healthbenefitsofeating.com
http://naturalnews.com
http://www.globalhealingcenter.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------©ComoAntaño2015

No comments:

Post a Comment